Fixed Income Mortgage Backed funds invest in mortgage-backed securities. Many funds focus solely on AAA-rated bonds. Instruments include: government agency, government-sponsored enterprise, private label fixed- or adjustable-rate mortgage pass-through securities, fixed- or adjustable-rate collateralized mortgage obligations (CMO's), real estate mortgage investment conduits (REMICs) and stripped mortgage-backed securities (SMBSs). Funds may look to capitalize on security-specific mispricings. Hedging of prepayment risk and interest rate risk is common. Leverage may be used, as well as futures, short sales and options.
- Fixed Income Arbitrage definition
- Annualized Standard Deviation Monthly Quarterly Return definition
- Program Fund Category definition
- Distribution Monthly Returns definition
- Fixed Income Diversified definition