BarclayHedge subscribers tap into the unmatched expertise we have amassed in the three decades since Sol Waksman launched the business. Our expansive knowledge and unique perspective can help you structure investment portfolios that deliver global market participation and risk diversification.
Since our founding in 1985, BarclayHedge has built a trusted reputation for connecting institutional and professional investors with the data they need to thrive in the tumultuous world of alternative investments. Clients worldwide turn to us for crucial insights that help them manage portfolios and assess the performance of hedge funds, CTAs, UCITS funds and other alternative investment vehicles.
Please note: BarclayHedge is not affiliated with Barclays Bank or any of its affiliated entities.
Our company employs research specialists, programmers, and data-admin personnel with broad and deep experience in digital databases and alternative investments. Acquired by Backstop Solutions Group in 2019, our position at the nexus of data, finance, and technology provides unparalleled insight to our clients.
- Reliable financial data – Our industry-leading Alternative Investment Database helps investors to analyze the performance of nearly 6,900 hedge funds and managed futures programs worldwide. Our core offerings — the Barclay Hedge Fund Database and the Barclay Managed Futures (CTA) Database — provide the performance rankings published globally in industry journals and directories.
- Research leadership – Our databases have made us one of the foremost sources for people conducting proprietary research in the alternative investments field. Due-diligence teams and academic researchers prize our data on performance and assets under management.
- Insightful indices – We have created and now update more than two dozen proprietary indices tracking the performance of alternative investments. We publish the Barclay Hedge Fund Index and 30 sub-indices tracking the most important hedge fund sectors. We also provide 9 indices covering managed futures, currency and cryptocurrency traders, as well as 7 UCITS indices.
- Industry relationships – More than three decades of experience in the alternative investments industry have helped us nurture strong relationships with some of the world’s top fund managers and institutional investors. These relationships help us deliver extra value to our database clients.
- Data services – Everything that we’ve learned from building, supporting, and growing our own database business can help you build your own proprietary index or manage your existing suite of indices, saving you precious time and money. We currently provide data collection and index calculation services for over 150 indices for financial institutions across North America and Europe.