Frequently Asked Questions
How can I view fund profiles on BarclayHedge.com for free?
How do I use Barclay DataFinder?
Who is qualified to use DataFinder to find hedge fund information?
What is DataFinder Pro?
How can I get free access to hedge fund and CTA information on BarclayHedge?
How do I register at BarclayHedge.com?
How often are the data on BarclayHedge updated?
Does BarclayHedge have a free newsletter?
A: If you are an accredited investor or you work for an accredited institution, use Barclay DataFinder to find fund information at no charge. You can also use DataFinder's Quicklist to make portfolios and perform calculations on the portfolios.
A: DataFinder is free and it is updated real-time. Using DataFinder is easy.
- Visit www.BarclayHedge.com
- Click "Start DataFinder Now."
- Choose either "CTA Search" or "Hedge Fund Search"
- If you need to log in, enter your User ID/email address and Pass Code, and click the Login button. If you have not yet registered (free) on BarclayHedge.com, register now by following these steps.
- Enter your search criteria and click the "Search" button. For more details, see the DataFinder Instructions.
A: Accredited investors, and people who work for accredited companies, are allowed to register on BarclayHedge.com and use DataFinder for free. To see more detailed information from DataFinder, you can purchase individual reports or purchase one of our Database Products.
A: You get DataFinder Pro when you purchase a subscription to any BarclayHedge database that contains performance data. DataFinder Pro has two parts:
- DataFinder Pro is available on the BarclayHedge.com website. It is an enhanced version of DataFinder that uses the database(s) you subscribe to. All the dimmed fields are available, the Portfolio Calculator is enhanced, and the profiles are significantly more detailed.
- When you use the BarclayHedge database on your computer, the fund and/or program names are clickable. When you click a fund name, a browser window opens and displays an easy-to-read 8-page report with detailed information about the fund. The "Statistics & Risk" page includes extra calculations that are not in the database, such as the Sharpe ratio.
DataFinder Pro is updated real-time. For a free demonstration of DataFinder Pro, contact Richard Rubin by calling +1 (641) 472-3456 x112 (9:00AM - 5:00PM CST).
A: Register! If you are an accredited investor or you work for an accredited institution, you can register for free to get access to the Barclay hedge fund and CTA database, rankings, research reports and more. Follow these instructions to register.
- Visit the Registration page or click "Free Member Registration" in the right column of the BarclayHedge.com website.
- Type in your contact information and create a new password.
- Select your user status.
- Read the Risk Disclosure / Terms of Service / Membership agreement and click "I Accept."
- Click the "Submit" button.
- If the email address is correct, click "Yes, this is correct."
- Check your email and open an email with the subject "BarclayHedge Activation Link."
- Click the activation link inside the email.
- Sign in with your email address and pass code.
- Enjoy the free hedge fund information at BarclayHedge:
- DataFinder: Click the "Products" tab near the top of the screen, then click the "DataFinder" button to access information to information on thousands of hedge funds and managed futures programs.
- Hedge Fund & CTA Research Library: Click the "Research" tab near the top of the screen to access Barclay’s Flow Report Research Studies, Manager Roundtables, Manager Profiles, Third-Party Research, Proprietary Studies, and Press Releases.
A: Here are the frequencies:
|Frequency of Updates|
|Global (HF + FoF + CTA)||twice per month|
|Hedge Fund (HF + FoF)||twice per month|
|Single Manager (HF)||twice per month|
|Fund of Funds (FoF)||twice per month|
|Managed Futures (CTA)||twice per month|
|Hedge Fund Directory||quarterly|
|Hedge Fund Flow Report||monthly|
|Managed Funds Report||quarterly|
A: Yes. It is called The Insider Report, and it comes out monthly. The Insider Report contains Commodity Trading Advisor and Hedge Fund Performance for the prior month, Fund Advisor "Top 10" Rankings, and research study on a relevant topic such as, "Crisis and Hedge Fund Risk," "Is Managed Futures an Asset Class?" and "A Portrait of Hedge Fund Investors: Flows, Performance and Smart Money." Visit The Insider Report subscription page to sign up. Note: When you register with BarclayHedge, you are automatically subscribed to The Insider Report. You can unsubscribe at any time, using the link in The Insider Report email.