Barclay’s Global Hedge Fund Database
comprehensive information on
6281 Hedge Funds, Funds of Funds, and CTAs.
Global Database - See how our comprehensive, easy to use database saves you time and money. Just click the image on the left to see the video and learn more.
Up-to-date hedge fund performance
Valued at USD $6,000 for an annual subscription, the Global Database is the largest, most comprehensive and up-to-date downloadable database specific to modern alternative investments.
Data is refreshed twice-monthly with a complete universe of hedge fund, funds of hedge funds and managed futures. 104 unique qualitative fields per fund are combined with well over 1,000,000 individual monthly data points which are maintained with an average update frequency of 92% within 30 days.
What Kind of Information Does it Provide?
With our downloadable database, you are able to compile data and create rankings based on your specific investment criteria. For example, see the top Hedge Fund and CTA programs managing $1 Billion USD and above:
Designed to assist successful investors and money managers in keeping abreast of an evolving market, the database includes scores of fields not available in competing products. The Global Database, the primary source for alternative investment data, saves you time and money while allowing you to concentrate on what you do best.
"At the Alternative Investment Research Centre we have used several databases over time, but the BarclayHedge Global Database is definitely our favourite. The data are of high quality, it is updated regularly, it contains all the information we need, and therefore it is all we use. A highly recommended and invaluable resource for investors and researchers alike."
Harry M. Kat, PhD
Professor of Risk Management and
Director Alternative Investment Research Centre
Sir John Cass Business School, London.
Downloadable Data Integrated With Online Reports
Online reports provide users with real time updates of hedge fund performance. Use Excel to sort and filter the entire downloadable database to find funds that match your criteria, then click on fund names and download professional, easy to read, 8 page reports with the most up-to-date information.
Download a sample to see how this new functionality works. Learn more about DataFinder Pro in our Frequently Asked Questions.
- Depth: More than just a list of hedge funds, the Global Database is the largest in the market profiling 4158 single manager hedge funds, 1033 fund of funds and 1090 CTAs; stay a step ahead of the market
- Usability: Store and use the complete database on your PC. Sort and filter a list of hedge funds, or any combination of fields; a truly relational database providing fund IDs, manager IDs and both vertical and horizontal monthly data points
- Accuracy: Reported direct from the source; refreshed twice each month with updated performance and assets, important changes to fund and manager data, and approximately 150 new fund additions
- Transparency: Disclosure of holdings, allocations, fees, performance, assets, key contact persons, direct email addresses and more
- Compatibility: Immediate download. Choose from native Microsoft Excel (spreadsheet) or Access (table) formats. Uses several established strategy matrixes to assist integration; import or export data to leading applications and platforms including Backstop, Cogendi, Finlab, Informais, Markov, Matrix-AIMS, Pertrac, Risk Data, Style Advisor, TAO, and our proprietary MAP format.
Enhance and streamline the due diligence process and avoid costly mistakes. Easily sort and filter any field or combination of 104 qualitative fields to compile a selection compatible with your objectives. Facilitates in-depth style and sector analysis, portfolio optimization and stress testing. Discloses underlying holdings, portfolio allocations, fees, investment minimums, historic monthly performance and assets, objectives, direct contact information and much more.
Get results quickly. Gain insight into key strategies, tactics and core competencies. Benchmark your fund and strategy or raise assets from pre-qualified managers. Sort, filter and compare any field or combination of fields directly on your PC and export results directly to third-party applications. Key contact persons, job titles, direct emails and accurate data points ensure you get the best return on your subscription investment.
- Legal name, domicile, status, inception date, currency and current assets in US Dollars
- Investment minimums, accepted investor types, management, performance, redemption and other fee structures, subscription and redemption frequency and notice periods, lock-up periods, hurdle rates and high water marks
- Investment objectives and unique features, primary, secondary and tertiary strategies and risk appetites, asset class and in-depth geographical exposure and focus, exchange listing and structural information
- Reporting style, use of leverage and options, long and short exposure, primary and secondary benchmarks, margin/equity ratios, frequency of trading, last audit and K1 status
- Monthly performance and monthly assets growth time series in both horizontal and vertical formats for ease of analysis
- Underlying holdings, portfolio allocations and instruments by name strategy and percentage of NAV
- Fund administrator, advisor, custodian, prime broker and auditor, including key contact persons with phone number
- Firm name, domicile, complete postal addresses, number of employees, website and general email address
- Principals, key contact persons and biographies, job titles, direct emails, phone and fax numbers
- Assets under management, SEC/NFA registration details
Current Database Snapshot
|Number of reporting funds||6281||5191||1033||1090||17517||26752|
|Number of reporting management companies||2252||1680||223||572||6269||10203|
|Number of funds added this month||13||8||1||5||9||13|
|Number of funds added in previous month||102||78||7||24||104||102|
|Cost (annual subscription)||USD 6,000||USD 4,500||USD 2,000||USD 3,000||USD 6,000||USD 4,500|
|Managers domiciled in USA||61.68%||61.49%||54.71%||62.24%||67.73%||61.55%|
|Managers domiciled in Europe||22.91%||21.49%||34.08%||27.10%||18.90%||19.28%|
|Managers domiciled in Caribbean||12.83%||14.17%||4.93%||8.92%||8.96%||3.49%|
|Managers domiciled in Rest of World||2.58%||2.86%||6.28%||1.75%||4.40%||15.69%|
|Funds domiciled in USA||30.11%||23.10%||17.42%||63.49%||35.89%||31.69%|
|Funds domiciled in Europe||35.95%||40.84%||48%||12.66%||16.20%||24.65%|
|Funds domiciled in Caribbean||25.43%||27.37%||29.14%||16.15%||37.79%||31.07%|
|Funds domiciled in Rest of World||8.52 %||8.69%||4.94%||7.71%||10.12%||12.59%|
|Fund Update Summary(Real Time)|
|% of Funds With April Returns||16.35%||11.48%||4.26%||37.59%|
|% of Funds With March Returns||94.69%||94.59%||94.28%||95.12%||Performance Reporting for - April 2016|
|Funds with positive ROR||58.58%||67.11%||59.09%||47.20%|
|Average positive ROR||2.46%||2.43%||1.41%||2.65%|
|Funds with negative ROR||41.42%||32.89%||40.91%||52.80%|
|Average negative ROR||-2.43%||-1.68%||-1.19%||-3.04%|